The Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia is a work of scholarship, written in clear, jargon-free English by knowledgeable persons working from authoritative sources and incorporating the latest, best research.
The Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia is a civic project to increase understanding of one of America’s greatest cities. The Encyclopedia as a digital resource and print volume will offer the most comprehensive, authoritative reference source ever created for the Philadelphia region.Like Us On Facebook» Read Our Blog»
This is a work in progress. Watch us grow!
Follow Backgrounders on Twitter»
Civic Partners» Learn More»
- Support from Rutgers-Camden Digital Studies Center
- Inga Saffron wins Pulitzer Prize for criticism
- From Our Authors: New Book Examines the Story of Intentional Integration in West Mount Airy
- Follow Our Project on Facebook
- National Endowment for the Humanities
Awards Two-Year Grant for the
Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia
Would you like to receive updates about the project? You’re invited to join our list.